MINISTRY SUPPORT COUNCIL, COMMITTEES, AND DEACONS
Ministry Support Council [2017 Chair: Jeff Hagar]
Members of the Ministry Support Council are administrative leaders who work closely with the Senior Pastor and staff providing godly leadership and sound management of First Baptist Church, Cabot. The MSC provides administrative coordination among leadership teams, the deacon ministries, and church membership. The Council serves as a sounding board to any member of the church who has issues regarding FBC Cabot. If you have a question regarding the MSC contact Jeff Hagar.
In addition to the Ministry Support Council there are four standing committees. The general responsibility of the four standing committees is to assist the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor appointed by the Senior Pastor in the administration of the Church.
Staff Support [2017 Chair: David Jeffers]
• Support staff members
• Assist staff members through prayer and encouragement
• Promote staff appreciation
• Determine new staff position needs
• Develop and maintain proper personnel policies
• Define job roles and responsibilities
• Ensure adequate compensation for staff
If you have a question regarding the Staff Support Committee, contact David Jeffers.
Financial Stewardship [2017 Chair: David Butler]
• Monitor expenditures for budgetary purposes
• Confer with and monitor the activities of the financial secretary
• Inform members of financial matters
• Present a monthly financial report to the church
• Recommend church record keeping and purchasing procedures
• Present proposed budgets to members
• Assist in stewardship emphasis
If you have a question regarding the Financial Stewardship Committee, contact David Butler.
Church Properties [2017 Chair: Nathan Irsch]
• Inspect and maintain church properties
• Maintain fire safety standards and equipment
• Develop a church properties budget
• Work closely with the Facilities Manager
• Ensure proper use of FBC facilities
If you have a question regarding the Church Properties Committee, contact Nathan Irsch.
Nominating [2017 Chair: Ernestine Daniels]
• Distribute and collect self qualification questionnaires
• Prepare and distribute committee ballots
• Compile election results
• Secure final commitments from Ministry Support Council members and standing committee members
• Presenting recommendations to FBC members for affirmation
If you have a question regarding the Nominating Committee, contact Ernestine Daniels.
Deacons [2017 Chair: Mike Davis]
The Deacon Ministry works with the Senior Pastor in providing servant leadership by:
• Being Christian leaders proclaiming the Gospel to believers and unbelievers
• Providing care to members and non-members
• Providing service in:
• Widows ministry
• Mug ministry
• New member class host
• Decision counseling
• Lords Supper
If you have a question regarding the Deacon Ministry, contact Mike Davis.